|Part of:||Academic Regulations|
|Part of:||Academic Regulations 2018-19|
|Part of:||Appendices 2018-19|
Appendix 21: Graduation Procedures outlines the student registration process to attend the ceremony (including the regulations governing guest tickets, special requirements and deferral requests). It details the implications that being in debt to the University has on attendance at the graduation ceremony, and the regulations covering changes to the ceremonies as a result of unforeseen circumstances.
- Graduands are only guaranteed 2 guest tickets. Any additional guest tickets that may become available are distributed on a first-registered, first-allocated basis;
- Graduands who are in debt to the University are not permitted to attend their ceremony (or any ceremony in a subsequent session) for the programme to which the debt is associated;
- Graduands may be transferred to an alternative ceremony for operational reasons.
- Graduands with special requirements must inform the Ceremonies Team one month before the ceremony to enable appropriate arrangements to be put in place;
- Requests to defer attendance to a future graduation ceremony must be made in writing at least three weeks prior to the ceremony.