The English Language Summer Programme is a 3 week programme at the EHU campus.
This course is for anyone who wishes to study English for work or personal reasons. You can raise your proficiency in English language and your ability to communicate. You will improve your speaking, listening, reading and writing and become more confident when using English. You will also have cultural awareness sessions to increase your knowledge of life in the UK and British culture.
At the end of your stay on campus we will hold a celebration event when you will be presented with your certificate of attendance. This is our chance to say farewell to you, and to wish you well for the future.
If you would like to add an extra week in London (subject to additional cost) please contact us for more information.
Our busy social programme is designed to help you get the most of your time in England and includes visits to Liverpool and Rufford Old Hall, together with a range of evening activities.
You will be accommodated in a single en-suite room in one of our high quality student residences on campus. Rooms are in blocks of six or eight with free WIFI access.
You will have access to a fully fitted kitchen so you will be able to prepare your own evening meals with your friends. We have various catering outlets available on campus and many cafes, restaurants and shops in Ormskirk town centre (10 minutes walk).
There are two course start dates to choose from. The table below shows the start dates for our summer English Language Summer Programme:
Application and entry requirements
- Applicants must be aged over 18.
- All applicants must have a minimum English language level equivalent to A2 (CEFR) or IELTS 3.0 overall (with 3.0 in each element)
There is an online application process for this programme.
Should you accept an offer of a place to study with us and formally enrol as a student, you will be subject to the provisions of the regulations, rules, codes, conditions and policies which apply to our students. These are available at www.edgehill.ac.uk/studentterms.
Applicants who require prior entry clearance to enter the UK should allow appropriate time for visa application processing. You can check if you require prior entry clearance on the Visa National List.
What is included?
The English Language Development Summer Programme includes the following:*
- All learning resources including work books
- Pre-arrival support from the International Office
- Airport transfer on arrival on set arrival date(s) (Manchester Airport only)
- Single en-suite accommodation (inclusive of towels and bedding) and shared fully equipped kitchen
- Welcome snack and drink / breakfast
- Welcome buffet
- 18 hours of tuition a week
- Orientation and induction including half day excursion to Liverpool
- 2 evening activities each week including a movie night, sports evening and a quiz night
- Internet access
- Gym membership and sports facilities access
- Access to library and online resources
- Support from International office
- 24 hour support from our Campus Support team
- Farewell celebration and presentation of certificates
*to be confirmed
The cost of the 3-week English Language Summer Programme is £2,040.