Advice and guidance can be found using various resources, these include our policies, procedures and EDI toolkits. These should contain the key information you need, but if they do not, then please contact us by emailing [email protected].
Policies and procedures
The University is committed to creating a safe and thriving environment and our strategies, policies, procedures, guides and action plans are designed to uphold the values of equality, diversity and inclusivity.
- Workplace wellbeing guide (staff access only)
- Family friendly policy (staff access only)
- A guide for supporting staff with a disability (staff access only)
- Flexible working policy (staff access only)
- Supporting trans and non-binary staff and students policy
- Bullying, harassment and hate crime policy
There are several toolkits available to staff. They are designed to increase knowledge and support surrounding disability and inclusion and LGBTQ+, as examples. We also have toolkits to raise further awareness about Family origin, Ethnicity and Religion.
Guidance on Supporting Disabled People at Work focuses on potential reasonable adjustments in accordance with the Equality Act 2010 and is split into six sections:
• Talking about disability at work
• How an employer could support disabled people
• Managing a disability that gets worse over time
• Disability-related absences
• Capability and performance when someone is disabled
• More support for managing disability at work.
Hate Crime Reporting Centre
Find all of the information you need relating to reporting a hate crime including content numbers and a reporting form on the Hate Crime Reporting Centre webpages.Hate Crime Reporting Centre
You can report a hate crime directly to the University by filling in the Hate Crime reporting form.
Further support and information can be found by visiting this webpage.
EDI Resource Bank
The EDI Resource Bank brings together two types of materials:
- EDI reports – Resources produced by organisations supporting teaching and research in HEIs
- EDI initiatives – Resources produced to improve EDI within organisations and institutions