Would you like to inform the design and delivery of a wide range of university services? Are you passionate about equality, diversity, and inclusion? Would you like to share your feedback, input, and reflections on various aspects of your university experience?
Edge Hill University are looking for Student Advisory Panel Members who self-identify as one of the following groups:
- Mature student
- Black, Asian, and Minority Ethnic
- Care leaver, Care experienced or Estranged
- First generation (first person in your family to attend university)
Please note if you self-identify with more than one you will be asked to select just one panel you wish to be considered for.
You will be paid for your time, in addition to accruing points towards the Extra Edge Award.
You will be required to attend a mandatory selection and training event on either 12 December 2022 or 14 December 2022. This will take place via Teams as well as in person.
The closing date for this opportunity is Sunday 4 December.
What we need from you:
- Your attendance and active contribution at a minimum of three Panel meetings per academic year.
- A passion for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and equal opportunities.
- Your active involvement in helping Edge Hill University to be a place where all students, irrespective of their background can succeed at university and beyond.
- Your honest feedback, input, and reflections on various aspects of your university experience, from before you began studying at Edge Hill, your lived experience of being an Edge Hill student, and your thoughts on your future career or further study.
- A desire to have experiences inform the design and delivery of a wide range of university services – by sharing your perspective, you will help Edge Hill to build a more diverse and inclusive picture of different student experiences.
- An ability to listen to others, to respectfully discuss and debate a range of topics related to university.
- Your collaboration in agreeing to Panel meeting agendas and suggesting new topics for discussion.
What you can expect from us:
- An introductory session on the Access and Participation agenda and the university’s Equality and Diversity and Inclusion strategy, to ensure all Panel members understand the context in which we are seeking feedback.
- Payment (£11 per hour) for your active involvement in our Panel meetings.
- Panel meetings that take place on campus, facilitated consistently by staff from the Widening Access and Participation team.
- Flexibility within Panel meetings, scheduling them with you, at a time that sits the majority of Panel members.
- The offer of optional additional ways in which you can get involved in this work, including further paid opportunities.
- A Microsoft Teams chat for Panel members, to raise issues or topics of discussion in-between Panel meetings, to keep our conversations going throughout the year.
- Regular communications with all Panel members on how your input is resulting in action at Edge Hill university to enhance the student experience.
- There are clear benefits for students who participate in engagement opportunities like our Student Panels, this includes personal development and skills you can utilise as you progress into employment or further study – by being involved in a Student Advisory Panel, you can gain points towards Careers’ Extra Edge award.
Student Advisory Panel – How to Apply
If you would like to apply, please click here to complete an application form online.
If you have been shortlisted following the submission of your application form, you will be invited to attend a selection and training event which will take place on the following date/s:
12 December 2022 and 14 December 2022
Please note that these training events will be hybrid delivery. You only need to attend one.