Edge Hill University’s Law Students’ Society is a student led academic organisation created for and by law students.
Our Society has a strong presence in the Department of Law, Criminology and Policing, and plans a series of events planned for students throughout the year. Our main goal is to help student enjoy the full experiences of university life and get the most from it.
A taste of what the society does:
- Winter and summer ball to celebrate the end of semesters.
- Mentoring to give students someone to reach out to if they are struggling or want some advice.
- Careers and alumni networking events.
- Topical events like International Women’s Day, or those involving barristers or solicitors.
- We have student lead and created workshops on different employment and university skills like how to create a successful LinkedIn profile.
- We also actively find opportunities for students in external competitions and work experience chances.
- Our Society has a student led fundraising team with the 2022/23 charity being Freshfield Animal Rescue Shelter.
- We also recruit first year representatives each year, along with by the end of your first academic year lots of other roles available to get involved in.
One of the key things we do as a Society is host annual internal Mooting, Negotiation, Client Interviewing and Mock Trial competitions. These are organised and judged by students for the sole benefit of gaining experience for other students.
President – Lara Webber
Vice President of Events – Megan Gough
Vice President of Social Media and Mentoring – Lauren Wearing
Competitions Director – Louise Collins
Master of Moots – Michael Ellwood
Junior of Moots – Aimee Ford
Head of Negotiation – Amber Farrell
Junior of Negotiation – Charntae Bennett
Client Interviewing Judges – Emma Wilkinson and Lauren Wearing
Senior Mock Trial Judge – Maisie Grice
Junior Mock Trial Judge – Sayeeda Khanom
External Competitions and Opportunities Director – Sean McEvoy
Blog Editor and Writer – Katie Atherton
Junior of Events – Emma Threlfall
Mature Student Representative – Hayley Reed
First Year Representatives – Lucy Baines and Lauren Scott