The Secondary and FET department are keen to continue to support you as you progress through your teaching induction as an Early Career Teacher (ECT). The support offered by Edge Hill University will be delivered as part of the department CPD programme and will be in addition to the support and development you receive in your school / setting via your ECT mentor and induction tutor.
Secondary and FET Early Career Teacher CPD Programme
October 2021 to June 2022
The Secondary and FET department are keen to continue to support you as you progress through your teaching induction as an Early Career Teacher (ECT). The support offered by Edge Hill University will be delivered as part of the department CPD programme will be in addition to the support and development you receive in your school via your ECT mentor and induction tutor.
Why do we offer this CPD?
- To provide support for Secondary and FET Early Career Teachers employed in schools and settings during their induction and QTLS year.
- To support mentors in schools and settings in their delivery of the ECT and QTLS entitlement during induction and early career teaching.
- To continue supporting all ECTs in making meaningful progression between their Initial Teacher Training and their induction utilising Early Career Framework.
- To support teacher retention in Secondary and FET settings across the partnership and the North West
|CPD event||Date and time||Details||Rationale|
|7||Tuesday 24 May 2022, 5pm – 7pm||Working Backwards for Planning|
Planning for next academic year can be approached by starting at the end of a SOW and is an effective way
|Instead of starting with your subject topic and being overwhelmed by all that needs teaching, begin by thinking about the endpoint and how this can be achieved. In this session, these strategies will be discussed|
|8||Tuesday 21 June 2022, 5pm – 7pm||What happens after year 1 ECT induction? What happens when I have QTLS?|
Completing your first year of ECT Induction – What’s next?
Documents and resources from this CPD Programme can be mapped against Teacher Standards / Early Career Framework / QTLS to support Early Career Teachers evidence.
In order to access the Secondary and FET early career teacher BlackBoard area please follow the following steps:
- Go to Learning Edge and click on VIEW COURSE CATALOGUE at the bottom
- This will take you to another page – Click on ‘Organisation Catalogue’ on the left, then look search catalogue term to organisation ‘ID’ and then search for contains ‘ORG_01ON_FOE_39’ .Then click on ‘Go’. Organisation ID ‘ORG_01ON_FOE_39’ (CLICK ON THIS) and this will take you to the course.
- There you will see the course with all the resources within the course and I will go through this with you when we meet.