Educational Leadership in Health Settings CPD7004
The purpose of this module is to provide participants with a critical and evaluative perspective on educational leadership in the clinical context. This module will address leadership theories, styles and approaches in the specific context of clinical education and will facilitate the application of theory to practice. Educational leaders can face unique challenges in working across organisational and professional boundaries and participants will be encouraged to apply leadership concepts to their own role and to consider their personal contribution to the development of ‘learning organisations’.
This module is delivered through a blend of online learning and face-to-face sessions.
Please note: this module will not be running in the academic year 2022/23.
Who is this module for?This module is specifically designed for experienced clinicians and educational leaders studying the field of clinical education at an advanced level. This multi-professional module is suitable for doctors, dentists, nurses and other allied health professionals who are involved in leading and developing education in clinical practice.
What are the key aims of the programme?
- To explore the theoretical concepts of educational leadership in the clinical setting, including a range factors which impact on the role of leaders in clinical education.
- Participants will reflect on their own leadership practice and determine how they can enhance their own skills as an educational leader in the clinical context.
How will I study?
What Will I Study?This module offers an opportunity to explore key concepts relating to educational leadership, including:
- Theoretical frameworks of leadership, applied specifically to the clinical education context.
- The qualities and behaviours of effective educational leaders.
- Leadership challenges and the role of power, gender and politics in educational leadership in the clinical context.
- National policy and local perspectives that impact on leadership in clinical education.
- The function of leaders in the change process, applied in the clinical education context.