Post-pandemic, as we begin to return to greater levels of normality and freedom, we are committed to providing as full a University experience as possible for all of our students and colleagues. To do this, we need to collectively commit to values and behaviours which ensure a safe environment and protect everyone’s wellbeing.
We ask all members of our Community to sign up to our values and behaviours.
- Inclusivity – to recognise that we are a diverse community where there will be a wide range of individuals with differing needs. Everyone’s needs are equally valid and we should behave in ways which welcome and embrace diversity.
- Respect – that with difference comes a diversity of views and opinions. In relation to COVID we acknowledge that people will have differing levels of vulnerability or perceptions of risk. We should respect the views of others, even where they differ from our own and act in ways which pay regard to diverse preferences.
- Compassion – to show care and concern for others, appreciating how our individual behaviours impacts on others in our community and adapting them where necessary so as to do nothing to expose members of our community to foreseeable harm, physically or mentally.
- Follow the Guidance
We commit to following the Public Health and University guidance at all times. Although this will change, it is likely to include:
- Maintaining good hygiene through regular hand washing and using the sanitisation stations available around campus.
- Self-isolating if you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been otherwise instructed to isolate for the protection of others.
- Following test, track and trace procedures and getting a test immediately if you have COVID-19 symptoms
- Engaging in regular testing for COVID-19 even if you are asymptomatic
- Getting vaccinated where possible – we strongly encourage all members of our community to get vaccinated to protect yourself and others.
- Wearing face coverings when in crowded environments with others you don’t normally mix with.
- Reporting to the University when we have a positive test or symptoms to enable us to act to protect others.
- Stay informed
Staying in touch is more important than ever. We’re working hard to provide as much certainty as possible but we all need to be responsive and adapt to the situation as it evolves. Please:
- Regularly visit our COVID-19 FAQ pages where we will provide further details and publish any updates, including about campus facilities and services
- Ensure your contact details are up to date on your student record
- Check your EHU email account regularly so we can keep you informed of any last minute changes
- Report Concerns
We all share a duty to maintain an environment which is safe for everyone. If you have a concern that others are not behaving in a way which aligns with our joint commitment in this Pledge, but do not feel comfortable raising it with them directly, please let us know by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use ‘COVID – Escalated Concern’ in the subject line to allow us to prioritise it.
For more information about how to protect yourself and others please visit our FAQs.