At Edge Hill we’ve taken all the necessary measures to ensure that our campus is prepared to keep us all safe and well.
As a campus-based University with the delivery of an exceptional student experience, we are continuing to do everything necessary to ensure that the campus is a safe, vibrant place for the full community to enjoy.
Our Covid-secure environment offers:
- access to excellent teaching, learning and support
- access to the specialist facilities and equipment you will need
- access to a safe campus
- access to university accommodation
- access to sports, arts facilities and in-person events
We have put in place suitable measures to keep our community safe, including:
- systematic deep cleans of all buildings and facilities
- enhancement of cleaning regimes to maintain high standards of cleanliness and ensuring frequently touched surfaces are prioritised
- investment in new technology to deep clean spaces effectively and efficiently as required
- taking all necessary steps to ensure that that indoor spaces are well ventilated
- installation of hand sanitiser units within all entrances and throughout buildings, to facilitate regular usage and encourage good hygiene practices by all building users.
The Government has removed the requirement to wear face coverings in law but expects and recommends that they are worn in enclosed and crowded spaces where people may come into contact with people they don’t normally meet and we strongly encourage this. This includes public transport and the Edge link bus is classified as public transport. There may also be other instances where the wearing of face coverings is requested, for example when attending an indoor busy event.
When attending campus, were encouraging you to take part in regular rapid testing to help keep those close to you safer, reduce the transmission of Covid-19 within our community and get back to a normal way of life as quickly as possible. You can collect home test kits from the post pick up point in the Students Union building (next to Subway) between 8.00am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday. Kits are also available from our site at St James Manchester and our Alder Hey office.
As always, we will continue to be guided by, and follow, the latest Government and Public Health England advice. Please keep yourself up-to-date with the latest information available on the NHS website and ensure you know what is expected of you in terms of staying alert and safe.
Further information specific to students, staff and other members of the community can be found in the sections below:
Information for applicants
Information for students
Information for staff
Information for community, visitors and partners
Last update 22nd October 2021
Return to the homepage.