At Edge Hill we’ve taken all the necessary measures to ensure that our campus is prepared to keep us all safe and well.
The easing of legal restrictions in England has now been lifted and as a campus-based University with the delivery of an exceptional student experience we are continuing to do everything necessary to ensure that the campus is a safe, vibrant place for the full community to return to.
Our Covid-secure environment offers:
- access to excellent teaching, learning and support
- access to the specialist facilities and equipment you will need
- access to a safe campus
- access to university accommodation.
Following guidance from the Government and Public Health England, the University has undertaken the necessary work to ensure that we have put in place suitable measures to keep our community safe. This includes:
- systematic deep cleans of all buildings and facilities
- enhancement of cleaning regimes to maintain high standards of cleanliness and ensuring frequently touched surfaces are prioritised
- investment in new technology to deep clean spaces effectively and efficiently as required
- taking all necessary steps to ensure that that indoor spaces are well ventilated
- installation of hand sanitiser units within all entrances and throughout buildings, to facilitate regular usage and encourage good hygiene practices by all building users.
The Government has removed the requirement to wear face coverings in law but expects and recommends that they are worn in enclosed and crowded spaces where people may come into contact with people they don’t normally meet. This includes public transport and the Edge link bus is classified as public transport. There may also be other instances where the wearing of face coverings is requested, for example when attending an indoor busy event.
When attending campus, we’re encouraging you to take part in regular rapid testing to help keep those close to you safer, reduce the transmission of Covid-19 within our community and get back to a normal way of life as quickly as possible. You can collect home test kits on campus from the Performance Studio (building 6a on the campus map, entrance next to the Business School) between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday.
As always, we will continue to be guided by, and follow, the latest Government and Public Health England advice. Please keep yourself up-to-date with the latest information available on the NHS website and ensure you know what is expected of you in terms of staying alert and safe.
Further information specific to students, staff and other members of the community can be found in the sections below.
Last update 20th July 2021
Return to the homepage