1. How do I apply for CI Chinese Mandarin Courses?
Please contact the Confucius Institute direct on: 01695 657765 or email email@example.com.
2. When does the course start?
Courses commence throughout the year. To find out the next available course please contact the Confucius Institute direct on: 01695 657765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. How many hours a week and how many weeks is the course taught in?
We offer two courses;
i) Introduction to Chinese Culture and Everyday Mandarin Chinese is a 10 week course.. Each session is for 2 hours each week.
ii) Chinese Language Programme (HSK Qualification) – is a 30 week course. Each session is for 2 hours each week..
4. What is taught in these courses? (What is the syllabus?)
During these courses you will be taught the basics of Mandarin Language including greetings, food, and family. You will also learn the basics of the Chinese culture through fun and interesting activities such as Chinese Calligraphy, Chinese sports such as Kung Fu and ping pong and you will learn about Chinese New Year.
5. Who teaches the course?
Our Chinese Mandarin Language courses are taught by native Chinese speaking tutors who are professionally qualified and hold many years of experience teaching Mandarin and Chinese culture to University students, adults and school children.
6. Will the Chinese Language Module be assessed?
The Chinese Language Programme has the optional choice to take the HSK test, this does amount to a qualification in Mandarin Chinese.
7. Will I get a certificate to show I have learnt Chinese?
Yes, you will be awarded with a certificate of attendance if you have attended 80% or more of the sessions.
8. Do I need to pay anything for this course?
No. The courses and events we offer here at Edge Hill are completely free of charge. If you wish to take the HSK1 Test to gain a qualification the cost of this is £10.00.
9. I am interested in China but I don’t want to learn Chinese, do you offer any alternative courses?
Our Introduction to Chinese Culture allows you to learn basic Chinese whilst incorporating knowledge of the Chinese culture. We also offer many events during the university calendar such as Chinese New Year, Dragon Boat racing and much more.
10. Are there opportunities to visit or study Chinese in China?
Yes. There is an annual Student Trip to China and scholarships to study in China are also available. For more information please contact the Confucius Institute on: 01695 657765 or email email@example.com.
11. Where can I find out more information about these courses, future events and activities?
For any further information about Confucius Institute courses or future events take a look on the rest of our website or contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.