We pride ourselves on tailoring catering services to meet your conference needs, offering flexible options from fast food to silver service, nutritional athlete regimes to healthy menus that will still appeal to teenagers.
Completed in September 2011 ‘The Hub’ is a brand new campus facility with excellent dining, retail and social experience facilities for all our students, staff and visitors.
The 3 main food and beverage areas in the Hub are:
- A quality Coffee Shop offering Starbucks (We Proudly Brew)
- A Grab & Go sandwich outlet
- A traditional hot food servery offering traditional dishes, vegetarian options, live theatre cooking / cook to order, salads, soups and desserts.
We can also offer a private silver service for lunches or dinners for up to 150 within Sages Restaurant, a setting with the charm and character of the past.
Vegetarian/Vegan Restaurant: our fully vegetarian, vegan and allergy conscious options give you confidence in your choices.
Retail facilities include a small ‘high street’ mini-mart / newsagent store open from 7.30am – 10pm.
Fairtrade Hospitality & Edge Hill University
Edge Hill is committed to being a socially responsible university and having a positive impact in both the local and global communities we influence.
Edge Hill University achieved Fairtrade University Status in September 2011 by meeting five goals set out by the Fairtrade Foundation:
- Creation of a Fairtrade policy
- Fairtrade foods available for sale in all campus shops and used in all campus cafes/restaurants/bars where possible
- Fairtrade foods (tea, coffee & sugar) served at all conferences and events hosted by the University and served in all University management offices
- Continuing campaigns for increased fairtrade consumption on campus
- Meetings of the Fairtrade Steering Group to continually monitor and improve the University’s support of Fairtrade
All events, meetings and conferences that request hospitality through Edge Hill’s Catering Team are served Fairtrade tea, coffee and sugar as standard.
We now stock The London Tea Company, which include Fairtrade Earl Grey, English Breakfast, Peppermint and Green tea. A selection of Fairtrade chocolate, cakes, snacks and drinks are also available to order and to buy from catering outlets across campus. We continue to look for other Fairtrade products that may be suitable.
The Fairtrade policy can be found here www.edgehill.ac.uk/fairtrade.
For further information on Fairtrade visit the Fairtrade Foundation website: www.fairtrade.org.uk.