It isn’t just the warm welcome, state-of-the-art facilities and idyllic setting that set Edge Hill apart from other educational conference venues. The university also offers the following benefits to enhance your experience:
- Good communication links to the North West, just a short drive from Junction 3 of the M58 and a 15 minute walk from Ormskirk train station for regular connections to Liverpool and Preston.
- A landscaped campus including rose gardens, reed bed, rocky stream, piazza area and lake.
- Self-contained site with extensive amenities, from cash machines to catering outlets, a general store and 24-hour security.
- The Arts Centre, a favourite of visiting professional theatre and dance companies. Events and performances are open to conference delegates and the Rose can also be hired for private use.
- Edge Hill Sport, our lottery funded 25 acre sporting and recreational complex, is fully accessible to wheelchair users and others with disabilities and offers some of the best facilities in the North West.
- Majority of buildings, teaching rooms, social areas and leisure facilities accessible to delegates with a variety of impairments. Hearing loops are installed in the main lecture theatres and a portable loop is available, lifts and accessible toilets are available in all conference buildings and there are designated parking spaces around campus.