|Robotics, Computer Vision and Machine Learning||Dr. Swagat Kumar
Department of Computer Science
Edge Hill University
Phone: 01695 657417
Swagat Kumar is a Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science. His research interest lies in Robotics, Computer Vision and Machine Learning. Prior to joining Edge Hill, he worked with TATA Consultancy Services in India for about 7 years where he was leading the robotics research group at Delhi and Bangalore Innovation Labs. He also spent two years as an assistant professor at IIT Jodhpur. He is a Co-PI for IGSTC project on “TransLearn” involving TCS, Kuka, IITK and KIT.
External Academic Activities
- Reviewer for various conferences and journals including IROS, ICRA, IJCAI, IEEE TSMC, Robotics and Autonomous Systems etc.
- Local Organizing Chair and Associate Editor for IEEE RO-MAN 2019 Conference
Membership of Professional Bodies
- Member, IEEE RAS
- “Unsupervised Learning of Monocular Depth and Ego-Motion using Conditional PatchGANs”. Madhu Vankadari, Swagat Kumar and Anima Majumder. International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI), Macao, China, August 10-16, 2019.
- “Deep Capsule Network based Automatic Batch Code Identification Pipeline for a Real-life Industrial Application”. Chandan Kumar Singh, Vivek Kumar Gangwar, Harsh Vardhan Singh, Karan Narain, Anima Majumder, and Swagat Kumar. International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), Budapest, Hungary, July 14-19 2019.
- “A Deep Framework for Automatic Annotation with Application to Retail Warehouses”. Kanika Mahajan, Harika Nanduri, Anima Majumder and Swagat Kumar. 29th British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC), 03-06 September, Newcastle, UK, 2018.
- “UnDEMoN: Unsupervised Deep Network for Depth and Ego-Motion Estimation” by Madhu Vankadari, Kaushik Das, Anima Majumder, and Swagat Kumar. International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), October 1-5, Madrid, Spain, 2018.
- “Learning Stable Movement Primitives by Finding a Suitable Fuzzy Lyapunov Function from Kinesthetic Demonstrations” by Samrat Dutta, Swagat Kumar, and Laxmidhar Behera. International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 8-13 July 2018
- “A Novel Vision-based Tracking Algorithm for a Human Following Mobile Robot”. Meenakshi Gupta, Swagat Kumar, Laxmidhar Behera and K. S. Venkatesh. IEEE Transactions on System, Man, Cybernetics: Systems (Part A), Vol. 99, pp 1-13, 2016.
- “High Performance Loop Closure Detection using Bag of Word Pairs”. Nishant Kejriwal, Swagat Kumar and Tomohiro Shibata. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 77, pp. 55-65, March, 2016.
- “Kinematic control of a redundant manipulator using inverse-forward adaptive scheme with a KSOM based hint generator”. Swagat Kumar, Laxmidhar Behera and Martin McGinnity. Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Vol. 58, No. 5, May 2010.
- “On adaptive learning rate that guarantees convergence in feed-forward networks.” Laxmidhar Behera, Swagat Kumar and Awhan Patnaik. IEEE Transactions on Neural Network, Vol. 17. No. 5, September 2006.