Thomas Stapleton
BSc (Hons) Web Systems Development

Moving his career up a gear

With the support of his department and lecturers, Thomas researched companies in order to find the ones that provided the best opportunities and support for graduates embarking on their careers. As a result, he gained employment as a Graduate Engineer with ideas-led tech company, The Hut Group, prior to graduation. Within six months he was promoted to JavaScript Developer, where his responsibilities included managing projects and leading meetings with clients.

Thomas’s desire to learn and implement new technologies and continuously engage with professional development led him to seek new challenges. When exploring his career options, he looked for potential mentors and was never too shy to ask questions. This ultimately led to a career move between companies and in 2017 he accepted a role as a Senior Front End Developer at AutoTrader.

“I have very fond memories at Edge Hill University. It provided me with the best learning experience and environment to step out of education and into professional work. Achieving my personal ambition at university provided me with confidence, vast technical knowledge and interpersonal skills that have always enhanced my career progression.”

Thomas Stapleton