Amy Banks
BSc (Hons) Computing: Networking, Security and Forensics

Amy Banks

Taking part in a wide range of extra-curricular activities supported by Edge Hill’s Computer Science Department has boosted Amy’s confidence as well as her CV.

Receiving recognition for her participation in events, winning both individual and team prizes at the UK Fast Security Hackathon and ROQ Defectives Tester Challenge, has helped Amy build relationships with prospective employers and has provided her with insider knowledge and unique talking points. This will be advantageous when preparing for future employment applications and interviews.

Amy is hoping to take the next extracurricular step by organising future hackathons. Speaking from experience, as a member of multiple societies and sports, hackathon and tech challenge teams, her one piece of advice to new and fellow students would be to get involved.

“Having the confidence to take part in industry events has given me so much, not only in additional learning experiences to support my academic work, but also in understanding the industry and what direction I want to take my career in.”

Amy Banks