Edge Hill University is committed to Excellence in Learning & Teaching
The core aims of the University and its Learning and Teaching strategy are to produce graduates who are:
- well informed, appropriately skilled and highly employable graduates for the 21st Century
- confident, adaptable, with a good understanding of sustainable development and their environment, and who are attuned to global perspectives and cultural diversity
- equipped to become role models and leaders in the workplace and their communities
- committed to lifelong learning
The Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT) is a central support department which actively contributes and supports colleagues with the achievement of the aims of the University’s Learning & Teaching Strategy to ensure excellence in teaching and learning.
Phone: 01695 650850
Address: Centre for Learning and Teaching (The Lodge), Edge Hill University, St. Helen’s Road, Ormskirk, L39 4QP
Key Areas of Activity
The student experience is at the core of the Centre for Learning and Teaching and informs all of our activities.
Our key areas of activity include:
- offering support and guidance on teaching, learning and assessment
- providing professional development, locally and centrally, matched to the expressed needs of faculty teaching staff
- co-ordinating the University Learning and Teaching and SOLSTICE Fellowship schemes
- acting as a ‘Hub’ for the SOLSTICE Centre for Excellence in Teaching and Learning conference and events
- providing the Postgraduate Certificate in Teaching in Higher Education for new staff
- supporting practice-based research activity
- identifying and brokering the sharing of good practice from within and beyond the University
This is not an exhaustive list of work carried out by the Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT). Other responsibilities also include:
- supporting PhD Students & practice-based researchers
- contribution to subject teaching in each faculty
- advice and guidance on faculty implementation of learning and teaching strategy and policies
- support for departments and individuals for curriculum planning and assessment
- guidance on grant applications
- support for Higher Education Academy fellowship applications
- academic staff induction
- international collaboration on learning and teaching projects
Please feel free to contact us if you require specific support and guidance with any areas of your teaching.
Phone: 01695 650850 (internal calls, ext: 7850)
Or pop over and see us in ‘The Lodge’
The Centre for Learning and Teaching (CLT) is committed to offering colleagues professional development opportunities informed by the University’s key priorities and faculty learning and teaching objectives.