The DVD section is password controlled and is only available to current Edge Hill students using their normal login procedures.
Journey to Work – Latest DVDs
These DVDs show students as they prepare for life after university. The students talk about their career ambitions and what they have already done to maximise their chances of getting a job they want.
They listen to advice from industry mentors and careers advisers. We then meet them again a few months later to see whether they found the advice useful, have uncovered exciting opportunities, or had a chance of heart. Graduate recruiters tell us what makes an applicant stand out.
- Arjun: Banking and Financial Management – [7:00 minutes]
- David: Computer Science – [7:00 minutes]
- Gemma: Psychology – [9:00 minutes]
- Harriet: History – [11:00 minutes]
- James: Marketing – [14:00 minutes]
- Laura and Leigh: Fashion– [23:00 minutes]
- Martha: English Literature – [13:00 minutes]
- CVs and applications – [13:00 minutes]
- Getting involved in students life – [5:00 minutes]
- Networking – [9:00 minutes]
- Postgraduate study – [5:00 minutes]
- Using your career sevice – [7:00 minutes]
- Volunteering – [8:00 minutes]
- Work experience – [9:00 minutes]
At the Assessment Centre
These DVDs show real students and graduates being assessed by actual recruiters in activities which commonly feature at assessment centres. It includes extracts from each exercise, selectors’ verdicts and candidates’ reflections on their own performance.
The students are from a wide range of universities and disciplines and include international students
- Introduction – [2:13 minutes]
- Ice breaker exercise – [0:52 seconds]
- Prepared presentation – [8:40 minutes]
- Role play – [7:28 minutes]
- In-tray exercise – [3:52 minutes]
- Group discussion – [17:52 minutes]
- Meal with the selectors – [0:40 minutes]
- Case study – [4:51 minutes]
- Interview – [14:56 minutes]
- 10-minute guide – [10:19 minutes]
Big Opportunities in Small Business: Graduates in SMEs
Selection Success in One
- Winning Moves
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- KPMG – accounting firm
Making English Work
A look at where an English degree can take a graduate’s career.
- Making English Work – [23:06 minutes]