People continue to study for a variety of reasons such as:
- A need to specialise further in a particular academic area
- Need a particular professional or vocational qualification i.e. teaching or social work
- Enjoy their subject so much
- Do not know what they want to do and this puts off decision making
Think carefully about your motives, in particular if they fall into the – ‘I am not sure what I what to do’ category. If you need time to think, consider short-term or voluntary work as an alternative
If you know you want to study, think carefully about the following:
- What subject do you want to study?
- How do you want to study it e.g. part-time, full-time or distance learning?
- How are you going to fund it?
- Where do you want to study?
- Do you have the right qualifications for entry?
- Steps to Postgraduate Study information and tools to help decision-making about which postgraduate taught (PGT) course to study
Study Abroad Information about studying abroad across the world including USA, Europe, Australia