Whatever your interests and subject of study, there is bound to be a voluntary role you enjoy and which will enhance your skills and CV.
Our Volunteering Advisers are here to support you when you apply by checking your CV or application form. They will give you feedback to help you make the most effective application.
Take a look at our Student Volunteering Handbook for important information on volunteering, what to expect, and your rights and responsibilities.
A good starting point is to look at our Online Vacancy pages – just search for ‘Volunteering’ under the Types of Job tab. We advertise opportunities within 20 miles of the University. If you would like to find opportunities further afield, for example in the summer holidays, please get in touch.
International volunteering is an exciting experience, but it also means hard work far from home so it is vital that you are passionate and enthusiastic about it. Whilst we do not advertise opportunities abroad on our online vacancy pages, if you are considering volunteering overseas we would recommend that you read our International Volunteering Handbook.
Subject Specific Volunteering
- Business, Management, Accountancy
- Computing, IT & Web Development
- Children and Education
- Criminology, Law and Policing
- Drama and the Performing Arts
- English, Creative Writing and Film Studies
- Biosciences and Geosciences
- Health, Wellbeing and Nutrition
- History and Heritage
- Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations
- Psychology and Social Sciences
- Sport and Physical Activity