Kate Murphy
BSc (Hons) Business and Management

Kate Murphy

Fourth year Business and Management student Kate Murphy found that her year-long internship with Hays Recruitment not only enhanced her academic experience but also boosted her career prospects.

She joined the recruitment company as a Recruitment Consultant and, following initial training, took an active role in developing recruitment drives for customer service positions and managed a large client base across the NHS. She went on to be named the North West Regional Winner of Hays’ Intern of the Year Award and has continued working for the company on a part-time basis while completing her final year of study. Kate has now accepted a full-time role with Hays and has ambitions to run her own team of consultants in the future.

“I’ve been challenged both at work and within my studies to succeed at a high level. I’ve developed strong time management, organisational, problem-solving, leadership and digital skills which have enabled me to balance a heavy workload of clients against the demands of completing my final year of studies.”

Kate Murphy