Jessica Maguire
BSc (Hons) Accountancy

Jessica Maguire

Second year Accountancy student Jessica Maguire is one of many budding entrepreneurs to have her business ideas nurtured by the Business School. A small business owner for six years prior to joining Edge Hill, Jessica is developing additional knowledge and expertise that will enable her to plan and finance a brand new enterprise on graduation.

She has been able to apply her skills practically through the Graduate Enterprise Scheme, where her business concept, IRIS, a multi-sensory nightlight, took her to the Regional Finals. Jessica’s success led to her being named the Business School’s ‘Student of the Year’ for her ability to pitch effectively to potential investors, work effectively within a team and produce a detailed business plan. She is currently investigating several business opportunities to take forward after graduation.

“When I finish my degree I will have the business acumen and knowledge that I previously lacked around small business management and I will be in a position to innovate and run a successful enterprise using the University’s incubation facilities.”

Jessica Maguire