Extra-curricular excellence

Daisy Simonis
BA (Hons) Marketing with Public Relations, 2016

Daisy Simonis

A commitment to her studies, combined with extra-curricular skills-boosting activities such as volunteering and business competitions, has led to an exciting career with Oxford University Press for Daisy Simonis. As well as giving up her time to work for the Love Ormskirk Town Centre group, Woodlands Animal Sanctuary and St Catherine’s Hospice, Daisy also participated in inter-university challenges including IBM’s FLUX 2015 Innovation Competition and the international Markstrat Competition.

The Chancellor’s Scholar believes that this commitment to enhancing her employability skills enabled her to get into the competitive publishing industry, and gave her the capacity to progress quickly in her role as a Marketing Assistant at Oxford University Press.

“The opportunities I engaged with throughout my time in the Business School gave me added confidence to deal with high-pressure situations where I’ve had to hit the ground running and step up to the mark. I firmly believe I couldn’t have secured the job at Oxford University Press before graduation without my degree and all that came with it.”

Daisy Simonis