"I'm really humbled by the student body nominating me for an award".

“I’m really humbled by the student body nominating me for an award”.

Dr. Charles Knight, Senior Lecturer in Business and Management has won his third University Student Led Teaching Award. Charles was nominated by students and applications were then judged by a joint University-Student Union committee.  It was felt that his passion for the subject combined with excellent subject knowledge and a focus on rigour was appreciated by the student body. Highly thought of, he makes sessions interesting, innovative and enjoyable. Charles received his award at the Business School graduation ceremony on the 20th July.

Charles joined the Business School in January 2012 and has taught on a range of modules including Research Methods, Strategy and digital economy modules. When asked about the award he said that

I’m overwhelmed by the student body nominating me for an award. However, while it is nice to win such an award, it really is down to the culture of an university –  Edge Hill University gives me the freedom to experiment with my teaching in a supportive environment.

I’m also supported by colleagues who equally committed to the student experience and ensuring that what we do is of the highest standard. Those colleagues are not just in my department but we have an excellent Centre for Learning and Teaching, knowledgeable learning technologists, experts on employability in our careers service right through to our subject specialist librarians who are always suggesting great resources for me to use.

The University is constantly striving for excellence in teaching and the award is one of a variety of ways in which students can let the University know which staff have had a strong positive impact on their studies.

Edge Hill University Business School offers a range of management, marketing and accountancy courses – click here to find out more.