The LionHeart Challenge is a Nationwide Enterprise Programme chosen as a National Flagship by the National Learning & Skills Council for Enterprise. During the last few years the Programme has been delivered to over 250,000 Pupils up and down the 9 regions of the country. The programme involves School Students undertaking a high energy and high impact Business challenge.
This year the national final was hosted by Edge Hill University with support from Edge Hill Business School academics working as both Judges and business experts. The Challenge for the students was set by the Chris Kenny, Chief Fire Officer for Lancashire Fire and rescue Service. Student teams were asked to come up with a device which would reduce the number of deaths from fire related injuries.
Key Category Award Winners:
- Overall winner: St Martin in the Fields High School for Girls, London
- Best Financial Plan: William De Ferrers School, Eastern
- Thoughtful Consideration: Salendine Nook High School Academy, Yorkshire
- Best Product Concept: St Martin in the Fields High School for Girls, London
- Best Final Presentation: The Farnborough Academy, Midlands
- Best Marketing Plan: Our Lady’s Catholic High School, North West
- Best Proposal Research: Furze Platt Senior School, South East
- Most Effective Team: Altrincham Grammar School for Girls, North West