"I'm really humbled by the student body nominating me for an award".

“I’m really humbled by the student body nominating me for an award”.

Dr. Charles Knight, Senior Lecturer in Business and management has won one of the University’s Student Led Teaching Awards. Charles was one of the 116 nominated staff who was shortlisted down to to be one of the final 12 in consideration and won a lecturer’s award within the Faculty of Arts and Sciences.  It was felt that his passion for the subject really rubs off on the students. Highly thought of, he makes lessons interesting and enjoyable.

Charles joined the Business School in January 2012 and has taught on a range of modules including Research Methods, Strategy and Strategic Human Resource Management. When asked about the award he said that

I’m really humbled by the student body nominating me for an award. However, while it is nice to win such an award, what makes it easy is to work in a department with colleagues who equally passionate about the student experience and ensuring that what we do is of the highest standard.

The University is constantly striving for excellence in teaching and the award is one of a variety of ways in which students can let the University know which staff have had a strong positive impact on their studies.

Charles will receive his award at the Business School graduation ceremony on Monday 15th July.