Over ten members of the Business School staff have received nominations in the Student Led Teaching Awards. Staff members including Keith Cook, Charles Knight, Fiona Syson, Debbie Callaghan, Sean Naughton, Natalie Counsell, Penny West  and Pat Smith have all been nominated by students for their teaching excellence or their support as personal tutors. The awards run by the Student’s Union are now in their third year, and are a chance for students from all years to have their say who they feel deserve recognition for their hard work and commitment to student satisfaction at Edge Hill University. Winners will be notified in July and will be recognised with a Chancellor’s Award that will be presented during the summer graduations.

Comments from students included:

• The extent to which he goes to provide enough information and personal help to students for them to get a good grade. Also his determination for all his students to succeed;
  • During a difficult time, this lecturer was there for me and helped me, without this support I would have ended up leaving;
  • His teaching style is brilliant and he is committed to make sure we understand what he is teaching;
  • She makes herself available to you, her lectures are not boring and she makes them interactive which you look forward to attending;
  • She is basically an amazing teacher and an amazing person all round. She has always had time for me and other students when we need her advice;
  • His passion for the subject has really inspired me.