Terms and Conditions
- On receipt of your tickets, please check that they are for the correct performance, date and time, as mistakes cannot always be rectified once a booking has been confirmed.
- Subject to time of booking and ticket availability, advance email or telephone ticket reservations can be made to the Box Office. However, all reservations must be paid for within 7 days of the booking.
- Every audience member must be in possession of a valid ticket.
Refund, Exchange and Resale Policies
- Once paid for, tickets are non-refundable, except in the event of a cancelled performance. When we issue a refund to you, we will refund the price that you paid for your ticket. The Arts Centre will not be liable for additional travel or accommodation expenses.
- Purchased tickets may be exchanged for another performance at the discretion of the Box Office. The Box Office must be in receipt of the original purchased tickets before that performance starts. No exchange will be granted after that time.
- If you wish to return tickets that you cannot use before a performance, the Box Office will endeavour to sell these tickets providing the performance is sold out. We cannot guarantee the re-sale of tickets. Only the original tickets can be offered for re-sale. At the discretion of the Box Office, the value of any resold ticket will either be placed as a credit on your account, or refunded to you.
- It is a condition of sale that tickets shall not be resold for more than the original purchase cost.
Groups, Discounted and Concession Tickets
- Some Group, Discounted and some Concession tickets are not available online. Please contact the Box Office on 01695 584480 for more details.
- Customers must state the discount or concession they are entitled to at the time of booking, as they cannot be applied retrospectively.
- Proof of eligibility will be required to receive a discount or concession ticket.
- Discounts and special offers cannot be redeemed against tickets already purchased.
- Discounts and special offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other discounts or offers.
- We reserve the right to introduce discounts and other price changes without notice.
Children and Young People
- Any child aged 2 years and above, must be purchased a ticket and occupy their own seat.
- According to the complexity, issues and strength of language, some performances recommend age suitability. Details on individual show content can be obtained from the Box Office.
- Children and young people aged 14 years and under, must be supervised by a parent or guardian.
• Tickets purchased 7 days in advance of the performance can been posted to you at no extra charge, otherwise you can collect them from the Box Office on production of your debit/credit card.
- If your tickets have been lost or misplaced and duplicate tickets need to be issued, please contact the Box Office on 01695 584480. Please bring the card with which the original booking was made. We regret that duplicate tickets can only be issued on the day of the performance and to the person who made the original booking. It may not always be possible to provide duplicate tickets for unreserved seating/some performances.
- Please arrive in good time for the performance. Latecomers will only be admitted to the auditorium at a suitable break in the performance, but admission cannot always be guaranteed. This may also apply to customers who leave their seat during the performance.
- Smoking – including electronic cigarettes – is not permitted anywhere in the theatre buildings. External designated areas are assigned for smokers’ use.
- The use of mobile phones, pagers and unauthorised camera equipment is strictly forbidden in the auditorium. Please switch off your mobile phone, pager or wrist watch alarm before you enter the auditorium.
- The management reserves the right to refuse, or to eject a ticket holder, for behaviour likely to cause damage, injury, nuisance or annoyance, or failure to comply with the reasonable requests of the management.
- Special effects including strobe lighting, loud bangs, gunshots, and smoking on-stage may be included in a performance. Notices will be posted in the theatre foyer before the performance regarding use of any such effects. Anyone who has susceptibility to any type of special effect should check with the Box Office at the time of booking.
- No seating or standing is permitted in the auditorium stair aisles.
- Only drinks purchased from the Arts Centre bar may be consumed on the theatre premises.
- The management reserves the right to amend the programme or artistes without notice as deemed absolutely necessary.
- The Arts Centre reserves the right in extreme circumstances to cancel any performance without prior notice. We will endeavour to contact all customers where possible and a refund will be issued.
- The Arts Centre cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage of personal property in the theatre buildings, unless caused by the negligence of the theatre management.
- The advertised running times of performances may change. Please check with the Box Office on the day of the performance for confirmation.
- Ticket holders consent to the recording and filming of themselves as members of the audience which may be used for publicity purposes.
- All ticket holders must comply with the Arts Centre’s safety regulations.
- If you pay for your tickets using a credit or debit card via our online booking facility, please be assured that your payment details are automatically secured and encrypted to minimise any access to that information. Similarly, this process also applies to card payment details provided for tickets booked via the Box Office.
- If you have any concerns in this regard, please contact the Box Office on 01695 584480.
We reserve the right to change the Terms and Conditions. Such changes will be notified on this page. If you have any queries, please contact the Box Office 01695 584480
Email: [email protected]
Postal address: The Box Office, the Arts Centre at Edge Hill University, St Helens Road,
Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 4QP
The Arts Centre at Edge Hill University Privacy Notice
Our respect for the privacy and security of your data is of great importance to the Arts Centre and Edge Hill University. All personal data is held and processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR).
We collect various types of information and in a number of ways:
Information you give us
For example when you register on our website or buy tickets, we’ll store personal information you give us such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number and card details. We will also store a record of your purchases.
Information about your interactions with us
For example, when you visit our website, we collect information about how you interact with our content. When we send you a mailing we store a record of this, and in the case of emails we keep a record of which ones you have opened and which links you have clicked on.
Sensitive personal data
Data Protection law recognises that certain categories of personal information are more sensitive such as health information, race, religious beliefs and political opinions. We do not usually collect this type of information unless there is a clear reason for doing so.
In order to be able to process your personal data, we must identify a lawful basis to do so, for example:
Performance of a Contract
When you make a purchase from us, you are entering into a contract with us. In order to perform this contract we need to process and store your data. For example we may need to contact you by email, telephone or post in the case of cancellation of a show, or in the case of problems with your payment.
Legitimate business interests
In certain situations we collect and process your personal data for purposes that are in our legitimate organisational interests. However we only do this if there is no overriding prejudice to you by using your personal information in this way. We describe below all situations where we may use this basis for processing.
With your explicit consent
For any situations where the two bases above are not appropriate, we will instead ask for your explicit consent before using your personal information in that specific situation.
From time to time we may use data we have stored about you to inform you of relevant news or events at, or associated with, the Arts Centre, Edge Hill University or arts organisations. We aim to communicate with you about the work that we do in ways that you find relevant, timely and respectful. To do this we use data that we have stored about you, such as what events you have booked for in the past, as well as any preferences you may have told us about.
We use our legitimate organisational interest as the legal basis for communications by post and email. In the case of postal mailings of brochures, you may object to receiving these at any time using the contact details at the end of this policy. In the case of email, we will give you an opportunity to opt out of receiving them during your first purchase with us. If you do not opt out, we will provide you with an option to unsubscribe in every email that we subsequently send you, or you can alternatively use the contact details at the end of this policy.
We may also contact you about our work by telephone however we will always get explicit consent from you before doing this. Please bear in mind that this does not apply to telephone calls that we may need to make to you related to your purchases (as above).
Other processing activities
In addition to marketing communications, we also process personal information in the following ways that are within our legitimate organisational interests:
We may analyse data we hold about you to ensure that the content and timing of communications that we send you are as relevant to you as possible.
We may analyse data we hold about you in order to identify and prevent fraud.
In order to improve our website we may analyse information about how you use it and the content that you interact with.
In all of the above cases we will always keep your rights and interests at the forefront to ensure they are not overridden by your own interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
You have the right to object to any of this processing at any time. If you wish to do this, please use the contact details at the end of this policy. Please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above that are for your benefit.
Any objections you make to any processing of your data will be stored against your record on our system so that we can comply with your requests.
There are certain circumstances under which we may disclose your personal information to third parties. These are as follows:
To the subsidiaries described above when it is necessary for them to be able to provide you with products or services that you’ve requested i.e. Brochure delivery.
To our own service providers who process data on our behalf and on our instructions (for example our ticketing system software provider Spektrix). In these cases we require that these third parties comply strictly with our instructions and with data protection laws, for example around security of personal data.
Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation.
Maintaining Personal Information
We retain personal information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about the product and services we provide, or as needed to comply with legal obligations.
Our current Retention Policy states how long we will keep your data for. Please view our Policy for more information.
If there are aspects of your record that are inaccurate or that you would like to update or remove, you can usually do this by logging in to your account through our website if you have an online account. Alternatively please use the contact details at the end of this policy.
Security of your personal information
We are committed to the security of the information we hold and in ensuring that only people who need to access the information, are able to do so. Our Arts Centre database records are held on a server within the EU/EEA and held on a database called Spektrix, with access restricted to authorised personnel only.
In addition, we will not transfer, process or store your data anywhere that is outside of the European Economic Area or with other parties unless there is a lawful basis to do so.
Your rights to Personal Information
You have the right to access and be informed what personal data the University holds about you and what it is used for (please refer to the University’s Subject Access Request Form). We may amend this privacy notice from time to time, any significant changes to this notice or to the way we treat your data will be communicated via the Edge Hill Website or by contacting you directly through the most appropriate means.
Should you wish to contact anyone regarding your personal data or if you have any concerns regarding the use or processing of your data please contact:
Data Protection Office
Edge Hill University
St Helen’s Road