Edge Hill University’s departmental Annual Monitoring process provides intelligence on the current health of all validated programmes by using key performance indicators such as programme performance data, external examiner reports and student surveys including the National Student Survey to identify areas for development as well as highlighting good practice. Guidance on the process and documentation requirements for annual monitoring is available in Chapter 3 [pdf] of the Quality Management Handbook.
The following template forms are also used as part of the Annual Monitoring process:
- Head of Department/Area’s Annual Monitoring Commentary (doc)
- Departmental Autumn Monitoring Meeting Proforma Agenda
Unlike annual monitoring, Periodic Review takes place once within a five-year cycle and enables the University to take a longer, more holistic and strategic view of an academic department and its programmes with the benefit of critical advice from a panel that includes external subject experts. For staff involved in Periodic Review the AQDU has produced the guidance document Preparing for Periodic Review Handbook 2018/19 [PDF].
The University provides the following staff development for periodic review:
The following template forms are also used as part of the Periodic Review process:
- SDC2_Periodic_Review_Cover August 2018
- Departmental Strategy (DS1) (doc)
- Edge Hill Staff CV Template (Edge Hill staff login required)
- External Consultant Nomination Form (ECN1) (doc)
- Proforma Agenda Periodic Review (PAR1) (doc)
- Proforma Agenda Student Focus Groups (PAS1) (doc)
- Proforma Agenda Employer/Alumni Focus Group (PAEA1)
- Periodic Review Evaluation Form
- Departmental Commentary (TC-1)