Payment for any duties carried out as an external examiner for Edge Hill University is contingent on the submission of the appropriate fees and expenses claim forms. Please note, fees and expenses should normally be claimed within 30 days of any external examiner duties undertaken.
At Edge Hill University, all external examiner duties are paid at an hourly rate in accordance with the time allocation detailed in our Fees and Workload Policy. For more information on our expectations around moderation please see our policy developed by our Centre for Learning and Teaching. If you do exceed these hours, please contact the External Examiners Administrator.
- Any claims for payment must then be submitted via our Claim Form.
- Please note, you will need to provide itemised receipts for any expense claims, more details are found in our Fees and Workload Policy.
- After you have received your first payment please include your pay reference number, which can be found on your payslip, on any future claim forms.
- Initially, external examiners complete a ‘New Starter Form‘ and ‘New Payment Set Up Form’ to be registered for payment by the Institution.
- If your bank details change, please inform the External Examiners Administrator.
All fee and expense claims including receipts must be submitted on the appropriate form to the External Examiners Administrator. Please note, you will need to provide an electronic signature on your claim form.
Alternatively, you can post your claim for to:
External Examiners Administrator
Regulation Assurance & Governance Unit
Edge Hill University
St Helens Road
All fee claims are subject to tax and National Insurance deductions in line with HMRC requirements. Any fee/expenses that are claimed are paid directly into a building society or bank account on the last working day of the month as detailed on the claim form. In order to receive payment, claim forms must be received by the External Examiners Administrator prior to the last working day of the previous month. Please note that there may be earlier deadlines in December and July due to Christmas holidays and financial year end.