The Graduate School’s remit is to support postgraduate research (PGR) students and research degree supervisors by:
- Coordinating the recruitment and admission of students to research degree programmes.
- Providing training and development opportunities for PGR students throughout the doctoral programme.
- Supporting PGR students’ progression through the doctoral programme.
- Working with academic departments to ensure appropriate support is available where necessary through annual appraisal of students’ progress.
- Providing annual training for research degree supervisors, including induction training for new supervisors.
- Administering PGR bursaries.
- Developing and overseeing the operation of research degree regulations.
- Providing the secretariat for Graduate School Board of Studies.
- Advising the Research Office and the broader University community on national policy developments relevant to doctoral students.
Details of postgraduate courses offered by Edge Hill University can be found HERE.