The Graduate School’s remit is to support postgraduate research (PGR) students and research degree supervisors by:
- Coordinating the recruitment and admission of students to research degree programmes.
- Providing initial training for research degree students through the Postgraduate Certificate in Research.
- Providing development opportunities and training for PGR students throughout their studies.
- Working with academic departments to ensure appropriate support is available where necessary through routine monitoring of students’ progress.
- Making arrangements for examination, and support research students through their progression from PgCert, to MPhil and to PhD.
- Arranging induction training for all new research degree supervisors.
- Providing annual training for research degree supervisors.
- Administering PGR bursaries.
- Developing and overseeing the operation of research degree regulations.
Details of postgraduate courses offered by Edge Hill University can be found HERE.