The Graduate School was established in April 2010, and our role is to work with the various academic departments and the academic registry to:
- Coordinate the recruitment and admission of students to research degree programmes.
- Provide initial training for research degree students through the Postgraduate Certificate in Research.
- Provide both generic and bespoke development opportunities and training for postgraduate research students throughout their studies.
- Provide routine and annual monitoring of the progress of students’ research, and work with academic departments to ensure appropriate support is available whenever required.
- Make arrangements for examination, and support research students through their progression from PgCert, to MPhil and to PhD.
- Arrange induction training for all new research degree supervisors.
- Provide annual training for research degree supervisors.
- Administer PGR bursaries.
- Develop and oversee the operation of research degree regulations.
Details of all postgraduate courses offered by Edge Hill University can be found HERE.