Conference: Using Corpora in Contrastive and Translation Studies (UCCTS 2010)
Tuesday, 27th July 2010 - 29th July 2010
The 2010 conference is the second in the biennial Using Corpora in Contrastive and Translation Studies (UCCTS) series, launched to provide a forum for exploring the creation and use of corpora in contrastive and translation studies.
The UCCTS 2010 conference covers, but is not confined to, the following themes:
- Design and development of comparable and parallel corpora;
- Processing of multilingual corpora;
- Using corpora in translation studies and teaching;
- Using corpora in cross-linguistic contrast;
- Corpus-based comparative research of source native language, translated language and target native language;
- Corpus-based research of interface between contrastive and translation studies;
- Bilingual terminology, lexicology and lexicography.
The event is jointly organised by Edge Hill University, the University of Bologna, and Beijing Foreign Studies University.
- Professor Hilde Hasselgård (University of Oslo)
- Dr Sara Laviosa (University of Bari)
- Professor Anna Mauranen (Helsinki University)
- Professor Raphael Salkie (University of Brighton)
Abstracts of approximately 300 words in the format of MS-Word, pdf or text should be submitted at http://linguistlist.org/confcustom/UCCTS2010.
The abstract submission deadline is now extended to 12th March 2010 and you will receive notification if successful in the middle of April 2010.
Papers will be allocated a 20-minute slot plus five minutes of discussion.
How to Book
Please complete a copy of the conference registration form and return it to the following address as soon as possible:
- Dr Richard Xiao, Department of English and History, Edge Hill University, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 4QP, United Kingdom
Alternatively, if you opt to return the form electronically, please remember to sign it by hand and send it as a PDF email attachment to UCCTS2010@googlemail.com.
Conference registration fees (incl. VAT) are: Early birds £238; Regular £258.
Accommodation (incl. VAT): £120 for 26-28 July; £160 for 26-29 July), Founders Court en-suite accommodation with overnight drink and breakfast.
Please pay the correct amount. See the conference registration form for payment options.
Cancellation policy: If you cancel after the deadline date of 6th July 2010 you will still be charged the full amount. However, you are welcome to send a replacement with prior notification.
- Early bird registration closing: 31st May 2010
- Regular registration closing: 6th July 2010
- Conference: 27th-29th July 2010
- Michael Barlow (University of Auckland)
- Silvia Bernardini (University of Bologna)
- Bart Defrancq (University College Ghent / Ghent University)
- Clive Grey (Edge Hill University)
- Andrew Hardie (Lancaster University)
- Serge Sharoff (Leeds University)
- Kefei Wang (Beijing foreign Studies University)
- Richard Xiao (Edge Hill University)
The conference will be held at Edge Hill University's main campus in Ormskirk, which is about 15-20 minutes' walking distance from the Ormskirk Railway Station. There are also convenient taxi services and a dedicated Edge Link bus service between the town centre and Edge Hill University.
Ormskirk is located between Liverpool and Preston in West Lancashire, with good public transport links by rail from Liverpool Central and Preston (about 30 minutes of rail travel time). International delegates are advised to fly to Liverpool, Manchester, or London and the travel to Ormskirk by rail.
Published on: 22 Oct 2009, 11:20